Thursday, November 26, 2009

Susan and Amrit come to Germany

Over Columbus Day weekend, we hosted our first visitors from the States.  My step-mother (Susan) and my brother (Amrit) flew from Raleigh and spent the weekend with us.  We had lots of adventures despite the fact that they were only in the country for five days.  A summary of their trip:

Wednesday afternoon: RDU to ORD

Wednesday night: ORD to FRA

Thursday morning: Tina and Calvin pick them up at the airport

Thursday afternoon:  Amrit sleeps on the couch

Friday during the day: Tina leads a tour of downtown Wiesbaden while I was at work

Friday night: Drive to Ramstein Air Force Base for dinner at Macaroni Grill.  While we were down there, I  also did a test drive of the 1998 BMW that I ended up buying the following week.

Saturday: Nerobergbahn.  Amrit and I stayed up late to watch NC State football lose to Duke.

Sunday: Church, dinner at home

Monday: Rüdesheim, Assmannshausen.

Tuesday: FRA to DFW to RDU

I uploaded lots of photos to Picasa: http://picasaweb.google.com/pnarula/SusanAndAmritComeToGermany.  Here are some group photos:







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment