Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oscar broke the camera

Oscar likes taking photos with the camera.  In late August, he dropped our Canon SD600 digital camera while the lens was extended.  After he dropped it, the lens mechanism did not expand and retract properly.  I ordered a replacement lens mechanism on eBay for $25 and completely disassembled the camera to install the new lens.  After I put the new lens in, I couldn't get the camera to power on.  I tried five or six times to take it apart and put it back together but I was never able to get it to power on.  Eventually I gave up and ordered a new Canon SD780IS.  I will sell the old one on eBay for parts.

We really like the new camera -- it takes great pictures and it even shoots high definition video (720p).

Here are some photos of the disassembled SD600.  Notice the broken lens on the left and the replacement on the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment