Saturday, September 3, 2011

Apple picking

Oscar walks to school with a boy in his class whose parents own an apple orchard.  The orchard is located just a few minutes from our house.  Last year, Oscar's whole class took a field trip to the apple orchard.  They got to ride on a tractor and Oscar came home with some apples, a large sunflower, and really muddy boots.  On weekends in September, the orchard is open for people to come and pick their own apples.  I took the boys there today while Tina stayed home with Sara (it was nap time).  Fortunately there was no mud this time.  The boys had a great time picking apples (mostly Gala) and we also bought some fresh-squeezed apple cider.  We ate some of the apples tonight after dinner and everybody thought they were delicious.  I expect we will go back again to get some more.













Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous! I would love to have my own orchard someday!!!

    ReplyDelete