Friday, July 8, 2011

Jetlagged

I remember how hard it was for our family to adjust to European time when we first arrived in Germany in 2009.  We had come from the Eastern time zone in the United States (six hour difference) and it took almost a full week before all of us felt comfortable with the time change.

Tina, Calvin, and Sara got home on Wednesday night.  They had come from Las Vegas (9 hour difference) so I had been expecting that there might be some difficulty adjusting to the time change.  The three of them were awake for several hours in the middle of the night on Wednesday night.  Tina finally came back to bed a bit after 6AM.  When I left to go to work on Thursday morning, everybody but Oscar was still sleeping.  I gave Oscar a box of Cheerios and left him playing video games.

I was in the car driving home from work at a few minutes after 6PM when my phone rang.  It was Tina wanting to know if I had done something to the clocks.

Tina: Why do all of the clocks say it is six o'clock?
Me: Because it is six o'clock.

She slept all day.  Calvin and Sara too.  Oscar spent the day playing the Wii and eating Cheerios.  We had dinner around 8:30 and finally got the kids in bed after midnight.

3 comments:

  1. haha. that's an awesome story!!!! I DESPISE jetlag. That's why I'm scared to go back to the states again until we leave. We've made I think 5 roundtrip flights to here and back. DESPISE. I feel for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is terrible! But a really funny story!

    ReplyDelete