Monday, May 31, 2010

Oscar sneaks Oreos

Last Sunday afternoon we came home from church and there were Oreo cookie crumbs on the carpet in the living room. I knew Tina had run the vacuum Saturday night after the boys had gone to bed so I thought it likely that one of them had gotten into the Oreos. This has happened in the past when we have accidentally left treats on the counter within reach of little arms.

I asked Tina about the whereabouts of the Oreos. She told me they were up high in the cupboard. I wasn't sure what to think. Neither she nor I had made the mess. And the boys were unable to reach things that were up in the cupboard. Or were they?  After some back and forth, I got Oscar to agree to show me how he got into the cookies.  He is very proud of this accomplishment.

He steps onto the Home Depot bucket under the sink and uses it to hoist himself onto the ledge.  Once there, he opens the door to the cupboard and finds tasty treats like Oreos and Fig Newtons to be no longer out of reach.  He would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for his meddling parents.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment